Why join our club?
OUUEG is the official University of Oxford scuba diving sports club. You join a large group of friendly dive enthusiasts who enjoy their hobby on regular trips and expeditions. Besides the benefits of joining a BSAC branch, there are lots of good reasons to join OUUEG:
- We own complete sets of kit. As a novice, you can try diving and learn to dive without spending much money on full scuba gear. Certified divers benefit from our really affordable equipment hire prices.
- We operate Seahorse – our own rigid-inflatable boat (RHIB). Seahorse is used exclusively for club trips.
- We organise dive trips all year round. Even during the colder months, there should be at least one trip going every few weeks.
- We teach all BSAC courses including Ocean Diver (novice), Sports Diver (advanced), and Dive Leader. For qualified divers from other agencies, we also offer the highly appreciated Nitrox Workshop for free, which qualifies you to dive with enriched air up to EAN40!
- We encourage experienced divers to become a BSAC Instructor and even financially support your instructor training.
- We have negotiated several discounts with scuba stores.
- We are a very friendly, vibrant club with an extremely open and helpful membership.
These are just a few of the perks we exclusively offer to our members. Please contact our membership officer if you have any questions prior joining the club.
- Diving Student/Instructor Membership
- £55 per annum
- Diving Non-Student Membership
- £77 per annum
Prices maybe updated based on the cost and budget.
In addition to OUUEG memberhsip, you need to be a member of BSAC, the national governing body of recreational diving in the United Kingdom. You can register or update your membership on the BSAC membership website by clicking “Join via club” and searching for OUUEG.
BSAC membership fee is approximately:
- £33 for Student Members
- £42 for Full Diving Members.
- Advanced Divers or Instructors might pay cheaper BSAC rates.
Next: Join us!
If you have any questions then get in touch with our diving officer via [email protected].