What happens during a try dive with OUUEG?
A try dive is a fantastic opportunity to get to know the club and its facilities. You arrive at the Iffley Sports Centre and will be greeted by some of the club’s instructors and members. They will introduce you to SCUBA equipment, help you to choose the right sizes and answer all of your questions whilst showing you how to use it.
Fully set-up, you will then get a briefing of some SCUBA fundamentals. We then get you into the pool and you will enjoy a moment every diver remembers – your first breaths underwater! Depending how comfortable you feel we will then have a dive for a while in the pool and potentially even teach you some of the first skills.
A try dive can help you save time and money by finding out in advance if you like diving and if you decide to continue training with OUUEG we even discount your training pack by the cost of your try dive.
What do I bring?
OUUEG will provide all SCUBA gear. You only have to pack what you typically take to the pool. Please don’t forget to bring:
- Swim wear
- A towel
- An extra T-Shirt or a rash vest to wear underwater
- A £1 coin for the lockers
- A mask, snorkel and/or fins (if you already own them)
- Sweets or a light snack and enough liquids to stay hydrated
Are there any restrictions?
The only requirement is you not having any known significant medical problems (especially heart conditions, serious ear or sinus problems, lung damage, asthma, fits or epilepsy).
We also have scheduled information sessions for all people interested:
- Thursday 17th October 2019, 7.00pm, Kloppenburg Room, Cohen Quad, OX1 2HE
- Wednesday 23rd October 2019, 7.00pm, Maddicott Room, Cohen Quad, OX1 2HE