Why join our club?
OUUEG is the official University of Oxford scuba diving sports club. You join a large group of friendly dive enthusiasts who enjoy their hobby on regular trips and expeditions. Besides the benefits of joining a BSAC branch, there are lots of good reasons to join OUUEG:
- We own complete sets of kit. As a novice you can try diving and learn to dive without spending much money on full scuba gear. Certified divers benefit from our really affordable equipment hire prices.
- We operate Seahorse – our own rigid-inflatable boat (RIB). Seahorse is used exclusively for club trips.
- We organise dive trips all year round. Even during the colder months there should be at least one trip going every few weeks.
- We teach all BSAC courses including Ocean Diver (novice), Sports Diver (advanced), and Dive Leader. For qualified divers from other agencies we also offer the highly appreciated Nitrox Workshop for free, which qualifies you to dive with enriched air up to EAN40!
- We encourage experienced divers to become a BSAC Instructor and even financially support your instructor training.
- We negotiated several discounts with scuba stores.
- We are a very friendly, vibrant club with an extremely open and helpful membership.
This are just a few of the perks we exclusively offer to our members. Please contact our membership officer if you have any questions prior joining the club.
Student Diving Member
The quoted price above includes £28.50 for a BSAC student membership.
Full Diving Member
The quoted price above includes £56.50 for a BSAC full diving membership. Advanced Divers or Instructors might pay cheaper BSAC rates.
Please note that both BSAC and OUUEG memberships are fixed term memberships starting the 1st November. These are in general no pro-rated prices except for 1st time joiners. We will automatically pro-rate your BSAC membership rate to align your membership renewal date with our common club renewal date (e.g. you would pay half the BSAC annual membership fee if you joined in May). We do not pro-rate the OUUEG membership fee, except you joining us from May onwards.